to see the name of it on the cover – he read it out loud, “Yummy Mummy”, this time he gave me a broad smile and said “Nyyyce”… and he walked away to order his lunch. There wasn’t a chance for me to tell him that it’s not a racy book instead it’s about the blues a woman is experiencing after her baby delivery, how she makes new friends, her inability to decide if she should get back to work, losing weight, issues with her boyfriend….and so far I’ve read she is still getting a handle on the situation. It’s not my fault that the author chose a sassy title for the book! Can I....
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Ahemm...!
I was at Sub-way for lunch and because of my growling stomach, I finished more than half of my 6 inch sandwich before I even opened the bag of nachos. As I was making peace with my lunch, I saw Bob D. walking in to Subway, I gave him a friendly wave, and he stopped by at my table. This gave us a chance to swap news of here and there. KT is visiting India for 4 months atleast he said, I said nooo… just 2 months, she told me of it. Ohh…oh…JM’s wife delivered a baby girl after a long very long labor, I was like woof ! when did this happen I curiously asked, he said oh just y’day, Scott is trying to do other projects too while still doing some work for VWR, oh u should see MM, she’s cut her hair short and dyed it red ! I was mildly surprised and told him I have to come by to see you all. AK’s wife is finally here and we all went to lunch, she seems nice – he continued. I asked him so how is my replacement working out, he said oh he’s doing alright…he paused as if he wanted to correct himself, he then said, well you know he’s not as terrific as you are, but I think he’s doing ok, I gave him a knowing smile, and said I’m glad you corrected yourself, Bob, and he just shrugged. Just then I mentioned to him about my impending baby. He heartily congratulated me and had the usual preggo talk…when was I due, do I know if it’s a girl or a boy ?, his 10 yr old girl who’s such a drama queen these days, but how he still loves her when she hugs and kisses him. After a bit, he mentioned that he gotta be going. Just b4 leaving my table he asked “so what are you reading”, before I answered, he gently flipped the book
to see the name of it on the cover – he read it out loud, “Yummy Mummy”, this time he gave me a broad smile and said “Nyyyce”… and he walked away to order his lunch. There wasn’t a chance for me to tell him that it’s not a racy book instead it’s about the blues a woman is experiencing after her baby delivery, how she makes new friends, her inability to decide if she should get back to work, losing weight, issues with her boyfriend….and so far I’ve read she is still getting a handle on the situation. It’s not my fault that the author chose a sassy title for the book! Can I....
to see the name of it on the cover – he read it out loud, “Yummy Mummy”, this time he gave me a broad smile and said “Nyyyce”… and he walked away to order his lunch. There wasn’t a chance for me to tell him that it’s not a racy book instead it’s about the blues a woman is experiencing after her baby delivery, how she makes new friends, her inability to decide if she should get back to work, losing weight, issues with her boyfriend….and so far I’ve read she is still getting a handle on the situation. It’s not my fault that the author chose a sassy title for the book! Can I....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't see anything wrong or racist about the title.. or maybe i don't understand....was never good at that....
no, nothing racist, ofcourse, i meant racy ! like not a mild kinda book, with lots of sassy characters.
Post a Comment